MEEMIC - MEEMIC Insurance has been gutted/stripped of its identity through GMAC Ins. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MEEMIC

"MEEMIC Insurance has been gutted/stripped of its identity through GMAC Ins."

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Auburn Hills, MI
Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

The people themselves that are orginal MEEMIC employees.

Cons

MEEMIC is owned by GMAC Insurance and as a result we have been gutted and lost our personality to our insureds and handling of losses.

Advice to Management

MEEMIC is a niche company tailoring to educators and there staffs. As a result they expect to be treated better then the average company. This is both in how situations or claims are handled as far as losses paid and and giving the benefit of doubt in gray areas. Claims are now handled with a metrix base without much deveation. There is also too much management overseeing too few employees. Management is concerning themselves only, and not looking at what has made MEEMIC Insurance a sucessful company. They have too many hired outside companies forming surveying and making decisions for Management. Marketing and prices are not up to par. Pricing of the product use to be fair and usually at a bargin rate, as result MEEMIC had loyal customers, even though they were known for there weighty underwritting requirements. As result, MEEMIC is not a profitable company and there agents are selling insurance to what use to be our customers to other carriers.

Other Employee Reviews for MEEMIC

1. "Marketing eCommerce Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at MEEMIC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is great! It is a fun, hardworking atmosphere. I cannot think of a bad thing to say about Meemic.

Cons

The building is cold, but that is my only complaint and that should say something.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Shout out Peg and Kathy for being A1!

2. "Major joke"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at MEEMIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pto and a gym in the basement. That's about it.

Cons

Management and hr is beyond ridiculous. The poor performers get promoted. Pip performance doesn't matter. Even if you go to hr about an employee that is being unethical and other employees agree and back you up, nothing is done. They actually get rewarded by getting a promotion. Takes hr forever to reach out to you if you apply for a new position.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring slackers, listen to employees. Hr needs to get on the ball.