MEGA Brands - Should have had a bed available, because I practically lived there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MEGA Brands

"Should have had a bed available, because I practically lived there."

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

GREAT people!! Wow... can't tell you what a group of talented people that are there. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed. This is truely their only asset...

Cons

There are not enough people working there - as a manager, I had so many things to do that things were getting done half-a**ed. I hate working and not making something great... just good enough.

I would have loved to do a much better job, but since I was working about 60 hours a week (on a good week), I just couldn't.

When the company was in NJ, there were 300 people, not there are about 50 - and a great work load.

DONT EVER SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY TO PURCHASE THINGS!! Just an FYI from experience, I was asked to purchase things, but because we are so overworked, I didn't submit the expense for as soon as they would have hoped... and because of it, I was out over 1k! Others never spent thier own money - and if you apply to this company, make this your rule too! Put yourself first. always because you will be taken advantage of.

Advice to Management

HIRE MORE PEOPLE! You can't expect to lay off 300 people and hire 50 to replace them.

Other Employee Reviews for MEGA Brands

1. "Big company with a family style community"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MEGA Brands as an intern

Pros

The people are helpful and open. Felt like a large community.

Cons

Difficult to get people to accept change. Often everyone is used to doing what they do now and not willing to do any extra work that might be beneficial in the long term.

2. "Digital Marketing Intern"

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Great culture (and games! Foosball, ping pong)

Cons

Somewhat Unorganized
    Not much room for advancement
    Cafeteria is average.