MEGA Brands - It's a typical corporation who doesn't seem to value their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MEGA Brands

"It's a typical corporation who doesn't seem to value their employees."

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Lafayette, IN
Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at MEGA Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work/life balance is pretty great. There is generally a great opportunity for travel because they're an international company.

Cons

Huge disconnect between local branches and headquarters, you get the feel of that "stereotypical corporate culture". It doesn't seem like a company you could grow passionate for. Upper-level staff seems to look down on lower-level staff.

Advice to Management

Have a better communication flow between staff and senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for MEGA Brands

1. "Should have had a bed available, because I practically lived there."

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

GREAT people!! Wow... can't tell you what a group of talented people that are there. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed. This is truely their only asset...

Cons

There are not enough people working there - as a manager, I had so many things to do that things were getting done half-a**ed. I hate working and not making something great... just good enough.

I would have loved to do a much better job, but since I was working about 60 hours a week (on a good week), I just couldn't.

When the company was in NJ, there were 300 people, not there are about 50 - and a great work load.

DONT EVER SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY TO PURCHASE THINGS!! Just an FYI from experience, I was asked to purchase things, but because we are so overworked, I didn't submit the expense for as soon as they would have hoped... and because of it, I was out over 1k! Others never spent thier own money - and if you apply to this company, make this your rule too! Put yourself first. always because you will be taken advantage of.

Advice to Management

HIRE MORE PEOPLE! You can't expect to lay off 300 people and hire 50 to replace them.

2. "General labor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at MEGA Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no benefits at working at megabrand

Cons

None megabrand sucks horrible work environment.horrible and arrogant supervisors.you will work like you are an animal for an 8 hour schedule.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and new supervisors not arrogant ones