MG Lomb Advertising - Lively, Fast Paced, & Productive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MG Lomb Advertising

"Lively, Fast Paced, & Productive"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director in Fairport, NY
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director in Fairport, NY

I have been working at MG Lomb Advertising full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at MG Lomb for nearly 7 years, and I love my job there. Great culture, hard working and fast paced atmosphere --- not for the lazy!

I’m the Senior Project Manager, and Art Director. I was shocked to read the “unrewarding and Abasing” comment, left by a former employee. It is far from accurate. We’d made the decision to add to our web staffing (about a month prior to this comment) to support this employee who was here part-time. She quit while we were interviewing for her support and couldn't resist bashing us.

As a growing organization we are constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for its employees to grow and keep their skills current. We have often sent employees to training programs. Co-Workers are friendly and management is always accessible during and after work hours. MG Lomb is a young energetic atmosphere (most of our talented staff are under 30), prefect balance of work and fun (happy hours and lunches).

Cons

not for the lazy or the weak!

Advice to Management

When is the next happy hour?

Other Employee Reviews for MG Lomb Advertising

"Unrewarding and Abasing"

Former Contractor - Web Developer in Fairport, NY
    Former Contractor - Web Developer in Fairport, NY

I worked at MG Lomb Advertising as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse clientele with three Starbucks within 3 miles! There is innate talent at MG Lomb, and real potential to grow.

Cons

This is not a web development agency. Expecting process and educated leadership, I was completely disappointed. There was a clear disconnect between "Management" and "Production" which created many episodes of confusion and tension. Unfortunately, when direction was interpreted by an ignorant middleman (i.e. "Management" between the customer and "Production"), there was chaos. This chaos led to missed deadlines and surpassing budgets, but most importantly despondent "Production" members.

As a professional, I pride myself on dependability and reverence. That is something I expect from other professionals. Again, I was disappointed by my colleagues at MG Lomb. Even having been disappointed, I was reasonable and respectful, and as a full-time student still very devoted to my work at MG Lomb. I was not met with the same professionalism.

Advice to Management

Please consider being more open minded and professional. More forethought and less greediness would certain be to your benefit. Also, it is very easy to pick up on negativity, as well as the rapidly changing mood of the office. This in turn affects the mood of production members responsible for the vast majority of tangible output.

2. "A great year of learning experience"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fairport, NY
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fairport, NY

I worked at MG Lomb Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspiring, creative and reliable, these are what I would summarize my year of experience with MG Lomb advertising .
    As a team member of the design division, I've learned how to create my work with a better efficient and precise way to satisfy with all our clients' needs. Every team member works together, brainstorms together, and cheer up each other in every single working day.
    Of course there are always many challenges at work, but the management leaders are always encouraging and be supporting us to face those challenges, and to guide and inspire us accurately to correct all those incorrect or any mistake we have done during the project processing.
    I am really appreciated of all kindness and tolerance from all management leader and all colleagues, I have learned so many right attitudes and solutions from them as well as from the work challenges, although I did really have a bunch of sweet and tough experience and memories here.
    For me, it is real a great place to work and to grow with. I will be more confident to become a good designer in my future career, and I also believe every member will be the same when works at MG Lomb Advertising.
    Thanks MG Lomb Advertising again for providing me such a successful and wonderful working experience in the States.

Cons

Can be stressful during the deadline, but I think all designers are aware of that already.

Advice to Management

Could use a bit more communication.