MGA Healthcare - Aggressive Coordinators, Disposable Nursing Staff | Glassdoor
  1. "Aggressive Coordinators, Disposable Nursing Staff"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okay salary, getting to help families and special patients.

Cons

Initially, everything was great. I was recovering from an injury at the time I got hired and got a good position working with an infant with a g-tube. When the little one made a full recovery, I was moved to another case, and that's where the trouble began. I never said anything about working exclusively with MGA and wanted to explore possibilities other than pediatric homecare. When my coordinator found out about... this, they became very belligerent with me, even calling me outside their normal working hours to cuss me out for doing so. When I told the cooridnator to put me to PRN status if my exploring other job possibilities, they had another coordinator contact me and went through this big long song and dance about how I could make more money if I stayed with them. I'm not a terribly aggressive personality myself and so I gave in. I worked with one patient for quite a while and then that patient went to another agency and I was assigned two new patients by MGA. The coordinator kept telling me that they were going to get rid of the main nurse for the patient I was working with three days a week and make me the main nurse because that nurse had chronic health problems. The thing is, I had chronic health problems myself and now was afraid to ask for time off. The main patient I was working with developed a severe respiratory infection which they passed to me. The coordinator encouraged me to go to work anyway because they reasoned that since I had gotten the infection from the patient, I couldn't re-infect the patient. The coordinator guilt-tripped me by telling me the family "really needs you." I was so sick that I ended up having a small stroke during my shift and falling into a blackout sleep. I was fired, and now there is a black mark on my nursing license and no-one else will hire me. I now deliver food and live in poverty.

Advice to Management

Your coordinators absolutely should NOT discuss one staff member's health problems with another staff member or their plans to get rid of the "problematic" staff member. Your nurses are not automatons. We are real people who develop real health problems of our own sometimes. I am not the only nurse who was worked to death by MGA and got fired for falling asleep during a shift. The same thing happened to one of the... nurses I trained with, and she was an excellent nurse who was very devoted to her patients.

MGA Healthcare2019-05-22

May 23, 2019Marketing Manager

We take these comments very seriously and would be happy to address any concerns that our employees (current or former) may have. If MGA management or our compliance office is advised, we will not condone behavior that is not in keeping with MGA’s mission, policies and applicable laws. We’d like to put you in touch with our compliance officer as soon as possible. Please contact us at 1.800.941.1395 so that we can investigate these allegations and take responsive action, as needed.

1. "Great first job"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Dallas, TX

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education was excellent and management was wonderful.

Cons

No negatives to speak of

MGA Healthcare2019-10-16

October 16, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Good luck in your future​ endeavors.

2. "Flu Clinic RN"

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare for less than a year

Pros

- Easy to get in touch with recruiters - Smooth onboarding process if you have all your things - Friendly and flexible

Cons

- Can get things to you/ask you to do things last minute

MGA Healthcare2019-09-26

September 26, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for being part of our Flu Clinic team and the great service you provide to keep our community healthy! We appreciate the review and the feedback on where we have room for improvement.

Discover more reviews about MGA Healthcare.