MGIC Investment - MGIC WAS a good company!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MGIC Investment

"MGIC WAS a good company!!!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The pay is great...providing you negotiate heavily coming in. Raises are low so make sure you get the cash upfront. The fitness center is really nice and the location is great. The key is to get on a good team.

Cons

Senior management is a joke. They promote people to management because they are good at their job not because they would make a good manager. A great programmer does NOT equal a great IT manager. I was unable to negotiate for additional vacation time so I went from 25 days down to 10 days. Parking is $7 per day in the public garage. MGIC parking garage has a 16 year waiting list. The guy next in line was on the list since 1992.

Advice to Management

If you ask employees to rate their managers, listen to that feedback. If a team has 50% turnover 2 years in a row, maybe it's the manager????

Other Employee Reviews for MGIC Investment

"Enjoyed my time for the most part until it was over."

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Consultant
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Consultant

I worked at MGIC Investment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made good money as a consultant and was given a good amount of freedom initially. Co-workers were nice to work with for the most part.

Cons

Home office management respected home office personnel over the more talented and experienced group that they had in the field. Secretive and somewhat back handed management. Due to the company's steady decline the past few years, management seemed concerned with covering their own territories.

Advice to Management

If the company survives they don't need any advice.

2. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at MGIC Investment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, supportive, open, reliable, great! I loved working for MGIC! I worked remotely from home and they were so easy to work with in setting up my office. My direct manager was flexible with my work schedule and easy to work with. I had lots of online resources through the company, not to mention staff I could contact if ever I had an issue. Since I was an on-demand underwriter, my supervisor gave me the freedom to work with the company I was contracted with without interference.

Cons

My contract ended and they didn't have an open request for an on-demand dedicated underwriter.