KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Specialist

Jul 30, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

Interaction between management can be challenging

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

They care about you

Jun 21, 2022 - Hostess in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Out of all the casinos I’ve worked for on the strip, MGM definitely cares the most about their employees. They really offer numerous ways for you to grow, with management courses, tuition reimbursement, and even mentorship opportunities.

Cons

The worst part of working here is workforce, which is the department that controls your schedule. There’s no flexibility, so it makes it difficult to go to school or have a second job.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Most toxic, hostile, misogynistic work environment ever

Aug 25, 2022 - Assistant Chef in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance, 401k, vacation pay, uniforms and laundry provided

Cons

No communication, Management and Executives do not care about employees. Misogynists all around, as the only female I was constantly belittled and demeaned and screamed at in front of other employees and in public on the daily. Executive Chef 100% lied about position and schedule in interview and during hiring process and when asked to correct I was basically told to shut up and do as they say. I was put into a schedule I was upfront in interview about not being able to physically maintain, agree to come back after pandemic for a day shift position only two days after start was forced into graveyard and got covid due to sleep deprivation. MGM refused to pay 15 day quarentine as supposedly after11 years had still not earned enough time to get LOA pay and threatened me with laywers if I did not return from LOA. It is a lousy way to be treated by a company I worked for for a decade

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about MGM Resorts International.

MGM Resorts International Photos

+ Add Photo
MGM Resorts International photo of: Volunteering with Goodie Two Shoes Foundation!
MGM Resorts International photo of: Poker Dealer Hiring Booth (Mandalay Bay Hiring Event)
MGM Resorts International photo of: Lifeguard Hiring Booth (Mandalay Bay Hiring Event)
MGM Resorts International photo of: Cooks, Chefs. Bakers Hiring Booth (Mandalay Bay Hiring Event)
MGM Resorts International photo of: Dancer
MGM Resorts International photo of: The Show!
MGM Resorts International photo of: Security Officer Hiring Booth (Mandalay Bay Hiring Event)

MGM Resorts International Job Seekers Also Viewed