MHNet Specialty Services - Good Place To Work - Stable and Nice People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MHNet Specialty Services

"Good Place To Work - Stable and Nice People"

Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Really enjoyed to the team atmosphere - the people are all striving the common good of the company and everyone pitches in. Excellent and competent employees at this company. I also think that generally that management does care deeply about the clients they are serving, and has in mind the overall well-being of the people they are serving. It's a good thing to work for a company that treats it's clients this way.

Cons

Management is not pro-active enough.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of!

Other Employee Reviews for MHNet Specialty Services

"MHNET Review"

Former Employee - Inpatient Case Management in Casselberry, FL
    Former Employee - Inpatient Case Management in Casselberry, FL

I worked at MHNet Specialty Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are mostly social workers & licensed mental health professionals. They are knowledgeable, client oriented, and helpful

Cons

Middle management is all about micro-management; criticizing when mistakes are made, cliques with employees that aim to keep the boss happy, performance reviews that dredge up past mistakes without any recourse to correct them prior to a review.

Advice to Management

Middle management personnel should have learned how to manage before being promoted to this position. They must utilize positive methods to foster individual employees.

"The pay is not worth the headache."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

I got a great insiders look at how mental health insurance works and this has helped a great deal in my endeavors after I left.
    There were some good co-workers.
    The pay was good for the industry and great for a social worker in Austin, TX.

Cons

There is virtually no communication laterally or vertically. The only time I ever heard from either my boss, or upper management, was when there was a problem. The work environment was very tense and lots of nepotism/favoritism. The computer systems were antiquated and very difficult to work with, frequently going down. The work load was unrealistic at times and expectations were too.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices! And monitor your middle management. They put on airs to save their own positions while throwing your "soldiers on the ground" under the bus. And figure out your computer systems. They are antiquated and very difficult to work, loosing you time and money.