MINDBODY - Great Company to work for as long as you don't need to be paid much. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY

"Great Company to work for as long as you don't need to be paid much."

Current Employee - Data Conversions Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
Current Employee - Data Conversions Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing environment and culture, people are great and really care about each other and the job. Great benefits and great equipment and furnishings. Good management and executives that care about employee's work life balance and want you to promote and succeed and lots of growth potential. All together one of the most amazing places you can work for.

Cons

For my current position of Data Conversions Specialist, they pay about 10K less than the industry standard while insisting they are on par. This very site shows they are not, not to mention this is an expensive area to live in while getting paid less. Its true we are very well taken care of, I just don't feel like it should have to be a choice between getting well paid or well taken care of. If my wife had not had such a good paying job, I would not have even be able to except this one. don't get me wrong I'm glad I'm here but they need to get up to date with the pay scale/s, if the others are off. Not sure about other departments!

Advice to Management

I would strongly advise you take a better look at what we do, and the type of person and skills it takes to do this with live data in active databases. Then review the industry pay standards for this job on this site, or numerous others, and keep in mind we live in a very high price area. Not to mention this is not a job just anybody can do. Other than that, great company, good people and the best culture I have ever worked in.

Jul 22, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your helpful review! MINDBODY strives to pay competitive wages factoring in the cost of living on the Central Coast. Our core value of continuously evolving is as much about evolving to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for MINDBODY

"Opportunities for growth in an expanding organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with innovative people in a company that's expanding so quickly means that employees have tons of opportunities for personal and professional growth. The work environment is welcoming and supportive, and sets everyone up to do their jobs well. Flexible schedules and a focus on maintaining a work-life balance mean that employees aren't just living to work, and most people seem really happy here. Perks like vouchers that you can spend on wellness-related services like yoga classes, gym memberships, etc. are nice. And, you can't beat the central California coast location for weather or beauty.

Cons

The only thing I've missed while living and working here is the big city. San Luis Obispo is located four hours from both Los Angeles and San Francisco, so that can be an adjustment. There is also the challenge of working in a company that is adjusting as it grows, but that can be exciting, too. The only other con I can think of is that while Insurance plans for individuals are very reasonable, they become more expensive for families.

Advice to Management

I hope the management team will keep the work-life balance and company culture in mind as we continue to grow as an organization. I'd also like to see an increased focus on the company's commitment to being environmentally conscious--they're already doing well in this area, but there is always more to be done!

Jul 22, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

We’re definitely not a big city. Just think of all the traffic and smog you escaped! Moving anywhere new is an adjustment, and we are honored that joining MINDBODY was a worthwhile move for your ... More

"Fun."

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within working here 1 year they encourage you to move within the company, and apply to different positions. They even have a team that will help you out. Everyone is friendly and always smiling, creates a good working environment. Also, they encourage you do live an active life with the wellness program, and makes it easy to leave work at work.

Cons

I would say pay for certain positions could be better. No incentives in some departments, so there is not much incentive to better yourself within that position other than for self satisfaction. Not much recognition within some departments.

Advice to Management

Pay. Some departments seem to be the underdogs, when in reality they are very important for the success of the company, but do not seem to be compensated to satisfaction for what they do. If pay can not change, then at least giving recognition.

Aug 5, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

This is right in so many ways. We've got to look at every department and their structure to continuously evolve as a company. MINDBODY is proud to offer performance bonuses to those who go above ... More