MITRE - MITRE has provided me many opportunities and enabled me to move around to find a good fit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

"MITRE has provided me many opportunities and enabled me to move around to find a good fit."

Current Employee - Economic/Business Analyst in Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Economic/Business Analyst in Bedford, MA

Pros

People are very proud of the work they do.

Cons

Many people have been here a long time are are resistant to change.
The company operations are often inefficient because each center operates independently.

Other Employee Reviews for MITRE

"OK if you want Life/Work balance"

Current Employee - Lead Infosec Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Infosec Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

Smart colleagues, Opportunities for education, Flex hours, work/life balance. Excellent 401K.

Cons

Promotion are slow to get. Salary raises meager. Frustrating client (government). Excepting 401K and education, benefits are not that great.

Advice to Management

Devise a career path for techies or you will lose them.

"Still learning MITRE, but good experience so far"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer, Lead in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer, Lead in McLean, VA

Pros

--Great work-life balance (they really mean stick to 40 hrs or close to it)
    --Great benefits--25 days combined PTO that you can roll over and cash out within certain constraints; health etc; great retirement matching
    --Collegial/collaborative culture
    --Strong commitment to professional development (I'm learning how that works)
    --Strong commitment to the public mission--they really want to help government work better

Cons

--Like any place, there can be a mix of calibre of professional (and some surprising promotions, as a result)
    --Not exactly a con but a complexity: MITRE in fact is a corporation that hosts multiple FFRDCs (federally-funded research and development centers), and the different centers appear to have different personalities. At least in the center I'm in, there's a "matrix" thing going on with folks in mission groups who are dedicated to understanding a client and client mission very well, and other folks in practice groups who bring specialized practitioner expertise to client engagements. My center is still working on how the mission and practice groups work together.

Advice to Management

Be sure to recognize those who truly distinguish themselves through their performance. Keep building the calibre of new hires.