MITRE - Great place to work and great benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

"Great place to work and great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Doing great things for our sponsors and being allowed to think out of the box. This is a place where you can be challenged.

Cons

Many sponsors need to better understand what MITRE has to offer. Find very difficult tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach. Allow MITRE to step away from tasks that are not in this venue and give them to a for-profit company.

Advice to Management

Make some hard decisions. Many times MITRE VP and CEO talk about things that they don't necessarily follow up with and make some hard decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for MITRE

1. "MITRE treats employees with dignity and respect - and like adults!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

The work at MITRE is challenging and intellectually stimulating. Employees are extremely dedicated to support the mission of our sponsors. MITRE offers employees flexible hours and supports work-life balance. People are very collaborative and open. I also believe that the senior leadership (Al and the Officers) truly care about the employees.

Cons

MITRE employees are "experts" at what they do and often, believe they have expertise in all things which leads to question and challenge every idea, every decision, every presentation.

Advice to Management

My best advice to the leaders at MITRE is to keep the values that make MITRE a great place to work.

"Good FFRDC Work - yeah right, that's a laugh"

Current Employee - Principal Information Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Information Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

Sharing, collaboration, expertise. This place reeks of talent and desire, however ..... (see below)

Cons

In the quest to grow (namely CEM, now CCG) we are taking on work that is completely inappropriate. Many of my co-workers are under employed, our sponsors don't get it when it comes to an FFRDC, and the task and portfolio managers seem indifferent to the work we are assigned. MITRE is in real danger here of getting into hot water when the other non-ffrdc contractors get wind of the work we are doing. Me: I'm a glorified note taker and admin assistant, never mind that I have multiple degrees, and I am a PMP. I spend most days doing little valuable work and I've stopped asking the managers to give me work that is going to challenge me. This isn't just me, many of my peers are either resigned to their fate or are actively looking for new work. One five year veteran told me "keep your mouth shut and take the paycheck..." Folks, the train is off the tracks here and it's only a matter of time till the bodies start piling up. If I hear the phrase "....MITRE is doing great FFRDC work that is making an impact " from senior mgmt one more time, I'm going to puke.

Advice to Management

Hey Al, how about picking portfolios at random and do some anonymous surveys of the grunts at the AC-3 and 4 level about the QUALITY of the work assignment. You might learn something and be very surprised. Hint, start with CCG,