MITRE - Great place to work with a focus on doing the right things for the right reasons. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

"Great place to work with a focus on doing the right things for the right reasons."

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

Pros

There is a strong focus on working in the public interest, even if that means less MITRE staff on the job, the truth is the truth. The leadership tries hard to keep the employees from just falling in line with the government sponsors because it is easy, they work hard to keep us focused on what the government SHOULD be doing.

Cons

Because of the public interest and the support of the government, MITRE does not control it's own destiny the way a private company does. We don't sell things to the government, we try to make the government better and more efficient - sometimes our best work needs to be done where the government is most dysfunctional - that can be hard for employees to do, especially new employees.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on controlling costs, we are making progress, let's not get comfortable.

Other Employee Reviews for MITRE

1. "Great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Pros

Strong technical environment and infrastructure

Cons

Staff and management are hypercritical at times

Advice to Management

Be clear about why youare making specific decisions.

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

The best MITRE attribute is its work/life balance. My child was sick in December for several days. Not once did I feel pressure to connect my computer or call in. And my supervisor would call just to check on me and my child.

Cons

The downside of working at MITRE is the promotion process. It is definitely not a level playing field within the different centers nor between technical and support staff. I do see that improving.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep the employees at all levels in the loop on the corporate strategy and reminders of the reason we are an FFRDC.