MITRE - Great company! | Glassdoor

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Senior Simulation Modeling Engineer in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Simulation Modeling Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Great Environment. Great Work.

Cons

I do not have many CONS that weren't just isolated incidents in my 10years with the company.

Other Employee Reviews for MITRE

"Its good but could be better"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at MITRE full-time

Pros

Great place for work/home balance for the most part. Paid time off abundant, benefits great. I work have and still work for a great team and have good bosses.

Cons

Little or no growth potential for Admin assts. Unless you have a very manager that is career driven and focuses on your training and getting you to the next level you are pretty much stuck. We are the backbone of the company but dont get the recognition or oppurtunity to grow outside the realm of adminstrative services unless we go work for the big boys and executive assistant positions are very few and far between (have to wait for retirements). Also we dont get the perks of working from home like others do. Our PTOB is used up when there is inclement weather while others can work from home. That is not fair.

Advice to Management

Take care of your admistrative staff. Help them suceed and achieve more. Most want to move up and be a more productive member of MITRE Way.

2. "Solid stable employment, but not moving at free-market speed"

Former Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Bedford, MA

I worked at MITRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good and flexible benefits. Stable work with no fear of layoffs. Chances to work on research projects and work which is of public benefit.

Cons

Sub-market salaries (for talented software engineers at least). Sometimes frustrating inefficiencies and delays between projects due to working with government agencies. There's a lot of variety in different centers/divisions/departments, so the nature of work can't really be generalized well on a company-wide level.