Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great place to work

Sep 14, 2021 - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Work-life balance Most coworkers are great and there’s flexibility with projects if you don’t fit on one Pay is pretty good Job security Training and growth opportunities (in your hands to decide your path)

Cons

CEO and some other higher ups are out of touch despite weekly calls with the entire company

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream Job

Sep 9, 2021 - Modeling, Simulation & Analysis - Systems Engineer I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are better than anywhere else I looked. Colleagues are all eager to share knowledge, answer questions, and mentor someone just beginning their journey into work-life. There is a genuine emphasis on making sure you are interested in the projects you are working on and/or whether you would like to do something else. As a not-for-profit the work at MITRE doesn't have a profit motivation which really makes every effort about doing the job as well as it can be done, not as cheaply or as quickly as it can be done. MITRE is huge and thus has a wide variety of people, positions, projects, locations, and lifestyles. There are people who work completely from home. There are people who spend all of their time in labs. Some people work on satellites. Some people work in healthcare and law. There is also a huge emphasis on continuing to learn and grow as you progress in your career. The MITRE Institute offers many courses and there are generous tuition forgiveness and assistance programs. I'm confident no matter who you are you can find the right fit at MITRE.

Cons

- Interview process was slow. I was interviewing with multiple departments over the course of 4 months. COVID probably made this longer than usual. - Position is salary so extra hours worked do not get you more money. However, there has been no pressure to work above and beyond 40 hours a week.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

MITRE Response

Employee Relations Representative

Thank you for your insight and review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experiences and are happy to learn that you have found your ‘Dream Job’ at MITRE. Creating an environment where our colleagues can collaborate and thrive is a priority for us. Our teams are focused on solving some of the most complex challenges facing our society and nation and we encourage and support continuous learning from one another as well as through internal resources like our MITRE Institute, leadership development opportunities, and our robust tuition assistance program. Your feedback about the interview process and MITRE’s commitment to work/life balance is integral as we continue to adapt our hiring experience to be responsive to candidate needs while aligning with our COVID safety and mitigation protocols. We’ve recently introduced a hybrid work model to provide even greater flexibility for staff to balance work and home life, while ensuring that MITRE continues to operate in the public interest and deliver innovative solutions for our talent, sponsors and partners.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

MITRE Engineering intern

Oct 14, 2021 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Urge interns to ask questions

Cons

No downsides it is a great place to work

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about MITRE.