KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company with Good Benefits

Nov 23, 2021 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my summer working at MITRE. Even though the internship was entirely remote, it was still very enjoyable and I felt like I was able to contribute a lot to the team.

Cons

Some projects have certain levels of clearance, so you won't be able to understand everything going on when you're an intern unless you're coming in with clearance.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SWE Intern Review

Nov 23, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington Park, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible and great working environment, lots of benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

The Emperor's Wardrobe is Getting Sorta See-Through

Nov 15, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, though slightly trimmed from year to year, are still very good relative to industry. Demands and tempo are slow, gentle, varying a bit by project. You can have a cushy, low-stress life here, for decades, and, if you stay in to make maximal use of the retirement program, you will end up a paper millionaire.

Cons

A while back, the management consulting vultures told MITRE it was sitting on an untapped cash cow, that its brand was solid but virtually unknown, that its reputation was growing dull, passe, pricey, that it could be five or ten times greater with some aggression and re-invention. Senior leadership has cycled a few times since then, proclaiming We Will Change, Grow, Take Risks, We Will Be Younger, Faster, Different, Less Ivory Tower... each more forcefully than the last. These goals are not, by themselves, "bad," but their rhythm has ramped up past the point of sanity. New business angles and buzzwords fly by faster than the organization's ability to focus. Unclear whether this is fear of extinction, or just executive ego and muscle-flexing. Whatever the cause, our random flailing cannot continue.

Continue reading
    53 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about MITRE.