MJHS - It was the worst. I hated waking up in the morning knowing that I had to work there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MJHS

"It was the worst. I hated waking up in the morning knowing that I had to work there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

when I started working for MJHS it was like a dream. i loved waking up in the morning and I actually looked forward to work. Suddenly everything changed for me for the worst.

Cons

If you are not good with a higher-up then its like your time is limited there now. A lot of favoritism goes on there. After my 3rd year of working there it just got worst and worst every year. MJHS is very unprofessional when it comes down to their employees.

Advice to Management

If you do not kiss upper management then you are out of luck.

Other Employee Reviews for MJHS

"Fine in the beginning, until the merger of 2011"

Pros

Lots of money incentives if you want overtime
    Will pay for and encourage growth in terms of seminars and certifications

Cons

Managers seemed to be focused on productivity and nothing else, don't provide much help if you need it.
    The focus on the company nowadays seems to be to compete to be the biggest, with the most initiatives and new programs, but I felt this came at the price of good patient care.
    Mandatory overtime is required

Advice to Management

Be more helpful to the staff
    Don't mention productivity at every meeting
    You're the only hospice that forces overtime, find out how everyone else does it and you can do the same

2. "Working"

Current Employee - RN Care Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - RN Care Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at MJHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent one of the top for home care nursing, decent benefits, lovely team of nurses who support each other and the scheduler/team assistants are wonderful!

Cons

High RN Turnover, a lot of cases to visits not enough staff, upper management do not seem to understand or refuse to care about what's going on in the field with their staff

Advice to Management

Start from scratch and build up a decent team with a decent and more manageable caseload