MLive Media Group - Evolve at MLive | Glassdoor

"Evolve at MLive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a young professional, this is my first "real" job, and I feel absolutely lucky that I am here. I can see myself working at MLive for a very long time in many different ways. I am a person that loves a challenge, and loves innovation. MLive provides a workplace that is unpredictable and exciting, yet still consistent enough to stay comfortable. My managers help me set and reach my goals, and encourage me to improve myself, even if it means moving locations, departments, etc. I work in the call center, and I am confident in saying it is the most positive and FUN department in our building! What other company can say that about their call center?

Cons

I wish we were more well-versed on how to address customer concerns about the company. Although I support the changes that MLive has made over the years, our customers are sometimes frustrated with it. I just wish we were more aware of the message MLive would like us to convey with customers that are late-bloomers with technological advances. What is MLive's Why Statement?

Advice to Management

We have been doing more community involvement things in our department, but I wish I saw more of the company as a whole giving back to Michigan. Let's get some good karma out there!

Other Employee Reviews for MLive Media Group

"Good pay, horrible upper mgmt"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at MLive Media Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay. Great salary and commission plan if your a good salesperson and can cold call. Its all about new business.

Cons

all upper mgmt has hired friends, family, and is very 'cliquey'

Advice to Management

clean house

2. "Passion and innovation are an everyday occurrence"

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated colleagues, opportunity to create your own position, continual learning and you get to see your community from all the different stories and perspectives that news reporting offers.

Cons

At times it can feel like the only things that matter is the sales department, to create a true all-for-one goal oriented team environment all contributions should be recognized.

Advice to Management

More transparency - holding knowledge doesn't give you more power it just feeds the rumor mill