MOBILE NOW - Terrible Employee Loyalty | Glassdoor

"Terrible Employee Loyalty"

Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Washington, DC

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent commission plan, competitive environment, easy money

Cons

Zero employee loyalty, Customers have way too much power over employees,base pay rate is low

Advice to Management

Learn how to be a good role model to employees and don't do underhanded things to get sales.

Other Employee Reviews for MOBILE NOW

"BEWARE"

Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Fairfax, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent $9/ hour, if you can call that a pro.

Cons

Disorganized management, terrible commission structure, mandatory conference calls on days off (don't plan on ever getting to sleep in). Company policy against giving two days in a row off per week. Constant payroll errors, every two to three months they make it harder to hit the commission. Financial penalties for when co-workers receive bad customer reviews (thats right if your coworker sucks you're going to pay $100 a month to work there). They want people to run their stores but don't pay them to be managers (the district manager above is collecting the managers pay as if he was in store doing the work I was). This company owes me for hours worked and commission earned and I will never see a dime. If you need a job that is going to walk all over you, promise that you will make 35k-50k but barely do better than $9/ hour then this is the job for you. I know you make more than $400 on every phone sold and you want to compensate $12.50 as the commission (3% commission rate). On top of which you dont compensate commission unless 30 phones are sold monthly (sounds not to bad but getting a minimum of 2 sales every working shift is not only unlikely with the foot traffic its impossible). In the 6 months I worked here, a store requiring 3 people to run wen through 10 employees, all of whom quit or walked out (something I had never witnessed on the job with such consistency). If you want to make money in cell phones go work for T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon. Even sprint corporate has to be better than these jokers.

Advice to Management

Support your sales people, they are generating all the money for your company and your compensation is non-existent,

"Worst dealer companies out there. Stay"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent POS system and support

Cons

Pay, Bonus, and management. Company fails to hit goals Year over year, month over month and the CEO buys 250,000 cars.