MPI Research - Company in Major transition constantly difficult place to be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MPI Research

"Company in Major transition constantly difficult place to be"

Former Employee - Senior Validation Associate in Mattawan, MI
Former Employee - Senior Validation Associate in Mattawan, MI

I worked at MPI Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great people working there. Often times opportunities to advance.

Cons

The recent economic problems have affected them also

Advice to Management

calm down the constant change

Other Employee Reviews for MPI Research

"If you're in the right department, a great place to work."

Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI

Pros

Training is available to those who seek it. While with MPI I expanded not only my skills in the lab, but attended courses on leadership, problem solving, Lean Six Sigma, etc. HR is amazing to deal with, the facility is enormous and mostly well maintained. Pay was good- but you do have to push for that raise.

Cons

Scheduling is an issue. Some weeks we worked from 5 am to midnight, 80 hours a week, and some weeks we were so slow we had to take on extra projects just to make 40.
    Layoffs are scary. In my time with MPI, there have been 4 series of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Work with the study directors on scheduling. I understand that sponsors push to have it done NOW, but the quality decreases when your in life staff are exhausted and burned out. Bring back the cookouts! Having recreational activities promoted a sense of community that's missing these days.

"Number One Company to NOT Work for in 2011"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Pros

A paycheck. Vacation days, if you're here long enough to even apply for them. Healthcare, but make your appointments ASAP and get everything done that you need in case, when, something happens.

Cons

MPI Research is simply a company with a toxic work environment, poor upper management, and absolutely no idea which direction it wants to take. People that were hired last summer May. - Aug. 2010, were laid off in Oct. 2010. The company will call it restructuring but the truth is that there was adequate staff on hand to shift responsibilities to short staffed projects. Instead management hired new employees to fill these needs and then tried to quietly lay them off when the projects finished. These were not contract employees, and the employees were under the impression they were full-time, long-term, staff. In today’s economy in which there are 4.6 applicants for each new job opening it is unwise to gamble your future on a company that would have thrown you back in that rat race for your mistake, now they’ll throw you out for their mistake.

The pay is adequate but you will never make as much as you think you will. Every employee left at MPI is here because they have an incredibly unique skill critical to day to day operations (few) while the rest are here because MPI can get away with paying them less money than they deserve (most). If you start getting raises and promotions you’d better start cultivating that incredibly unique skill or you’re done as soon as they have a fresh body interview for your job.

Advice to Management

Polish up those resumes, and find new jobs, before you have to explain to your new prospective employer that you previously managed a company that went bankrupt.