MRI Software - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MRI is a very good place to work. They take care of their employees with good benefits and a very relaxed work environment. The HQ is in a great area with access to some really good restaurants for lunch.

Cons

When things go wrong there is a very quick change in attitude. There could be a little more grace in dealing with some situations.

Advice to Management

Recent attempts to have information trickle down have been good, but I think that there is still room for improvement in getting employees up to speed with things going on.

Other Employee Reviews for MRI Software

"Good work environment, too much uncertainty in company direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Any one I interacted with was always friendly and positive. MRI has a relaxed dress code which helped contribute to a comfortable environment. The benefits were average to below average, The office is an updated facility, product development is an open floor plan with a cafeteria style seating. If you work in IT, MRI is a good place to spend a couple of years and soak up the knowledge.

Cons

Company is owned by a venture capital group. That means there is no real interest in the people below C level. C level managers treat MRI as a springboard to a higher C level position at another Vista Equity Partners owned company, so they have no real investment in long term growth of the company or people. While I was happy in my position I left for another opportunity and one of the contributing factors to that decision was the uncertainty of MRI's direction.

Advice to Management

As long as the company is a line item in Vista's portfolio I don't expect much can be done other than not be so blatant about it.

2. "Great stepping stone"

Current Employee - Software Support Analyst I in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Software Support Analyst I in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

•Hiring based on merit/talent, not just necessarily experience.
    •Lots of in-house training.
    •Generally, any opportunities to move to other departments and build your own career.
    •Overall young, energetic employees.
    •Great benefits package.

Cons

•Miserable micro-management.
    •Managers tend not to see the big picture.
    •High turn-over due to underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, oft-ignored, and ultimately frustrated, high potential younger employees.
    •Low morale and lots of frustration among support employees of all ages and departments.
    •The product itself is frustrating to understand and support for the first couple of years; everything seems broken and it's hard to have to tell the client that.

Advice to Management

If you really care about retention, listen to what your support staff needs to do their jobs better and to feel more fulfilled in their jobs; they are not afraid to leave.