MRI Software - Great entry level employer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MRI Software

"Great entry level employer."

Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Solon, OH
Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Puts a large focus on initial training. Attempts to provide a good work life balance through regular shift bidding . Provides decent benefits including double salary life insurance.

Cons

The micromanagement styles of lower to middle management stifles creativity and overall moral.

Other Employee Reviews for MRI Software

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MRI is a very good place to work. They take care of their employees with good benefits and a very relaxed work environment. The HQ is in a great area with access to some really good restaurants for lunch.

Cons

When things go wrong there is a very quick change in attitude. There could be a little more grace in dealing with some situations.

Advice to Management

Recent attempts to have information trickle down have been good, but I think that there is still room for improvement in getting employees up to speed with things going on.

"Good work environment, too much uncertainty in company direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Any one I interacted with was always friendly and positive. MRI has a relaxed dress code which helped contribute to a comfortable environment. The benefits were average to below average, The office is an updated facility, product development is an open floor plan with a cafeteria style seating. If you work in IT, MRI is a good place to spend a couple of years and soak up the knowledge.

Cons

Company is owned by a venture capital group. That means there is no real interest in the people below C level. C level managers treat MRI as a springboard to a higher C level position at another Vista Equity Partners owned company, so they have no real investment in long term growth of the company or people. While I was happy in my position I left for another opportunity and one of the contributing factors to that decision was the uncertainty of MRI's direction.

Advice to Management

As long as the company is a line item in Vista's portfolio I don't expect much can be done other than not be so blatant about it.