MSCI - Unfocused driving, no accountability and tired, paranoid culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MSCI

"Unfocused driving, no accountability and tired, paranoid culture"

Current Employee - Client Coverage in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Client Coverage in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MSCI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Highly skilled associates

Average to decent salary

Resources from the hybrid of organizations

interesting projects

Cons

Senior management care only about themselves. Local office heads and senior veterans not motivated to really help underlings. Often make it known they despise their role.

in tricky market we know not where we're going. Fragmented data, models and meetings.

Clannish, devisive behavior interfering with client mtgs, conference participation and trust.

Favoritism, etc.

Guidance and accountability seriously lacking in the Coverage, Project Management and Facilities units. Particularly in the New York and SF Bay offices. Good luck getting any emails answered. Or seeing any consistent meetings out of them.

Outsourcing so much that we've chopped off our own feet and it's a challenge to go forward. Especially without vision, communication, trust and fairness.

Advice to Management

There's a lot we would like to give, but we've seen others shot down for nicely doing so. What is clear Is that leadership needs to change and vision needs to be clarified. After that, professionalism re-instilled in what used to be a great company. Pay attention to your product formation teams, new sales and upsells. Also to local office management and HR, to help with these areas. We can really hit walls when we need basic questions answered. That wastes even more time and productivity. Also look at who actually has shown up to work through the years instead of working remotely and not findable. Then keep telling us where we're going so we can actually do our jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for MSCI

1. "A good company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Pros

MSCI is a leader in the risk management and index business.
    The company has been growing steadily via strategic acquisitions.
    Management is very approachable and open.
    Benefits are attractive.

Cons

There is limited potential for professional growth and there are not that many perks for employees. Also, the tendency is to lead people into becoming very specialized in a specific area, to the point where certain groups seem isolated form the rest of the business units.

"Stay far far away!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Rockville, MD

Pros

New technology to learn deal with. Hmm having a really hard time comming up with pros for this company after working for them for 8 years.

Cons

No respect from sinior management. Lack of communication. What sinor management decides goes no matter how wrong it is. You are nothing but a number to them. All they care about is the buttom line. I miss the good old days of RMG :(

Advice to Management

Communicate and trust your employees and you will find that they will work twice as hard as if you keep yelling and screaming at them as you do now.
    Your quality of service will greatly suffer as you migrate to “Emerging markets” I would suggest against pushing for this.