MSCI - You'll succeed if you are very good at butt kissing and do what you were told. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MSCI

"You'll succeed if you are very good at butt kissing and do what you were told."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Berkeley, CA

Pros

The cooperative environment with colleagues.

Cons

Management blames underlings for failure. No incentive to improve business processes.

Advice to Management

Take leadership role seriously

Other Employee Reviews for MSCI

"Put your money where your mouth is."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berkeley, CA

Pros

Good vacation: 4 full weeks. If you are a diligent worker, should feel secure in your position. Commute is easy with BART. Name recognition within the industry, looks good on the resume. Company does sponsor CFA studies and test taking. Work hours are reasonable. Good place if your background is physics or financial analysis. If you are a researcher, it is a really good place.

Cons

As a software developer in a finance oriented company, you are treated like a commodity. The company is actively pursuing offshoreing, outsourcing, whatever you want to call it. Upper management seems only focused on increasing the perception of value to investors, while neglecting the nuts and bolts of the everyday operations. Famous quote from the CEO: "In real estate there are three essential things: location, location, location. In our business, it's data, data, data." But many employees are left wondering why the actions dont match the words. Not much feeling of comeradery or team/company spirit.

Advice to Management

Don't kill the golden goose. You cant downsize and offshore your way to success. Stop thinking like an investment banker, and start thinking like a leader. People probably dont really expect corporate leadership to be totally honest, so stop trying so hard to convince us of that.

2. "Overall experience is good. Maybe of we have a different manager I will stay in MSCI."

Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Philippine (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Philippine (Philippines)

I worked at MSCI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with high ranks employees, executive directors, VPs and sometimes managing directors. The people we work with are all professionals.

Cons

Overworked but OTs are not being paid always. All are okay except how we are being managed.

Advice to Management

Should focus more on resolving issues not on what caused the issues.