MSEI - Friendly company, and easy to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MSEI

"Friendly company, and easy to work for."

Former Intern - Microelectronics Development Engineer in Lake Oswego, OR
Former Intern - Microelectronics Development Engineer in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at MSEI as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff that are willing to help, plus there is doughnut Fridays.

Cons

Planning and responsibility assignment could be reviewed, particular across my internship experience.

Advice to Management

My only advice is referencing my "Cons" statement, and maybe offering an incentive to mentors for doing being a good mentor.

Other Employee Reviews for MSEI

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

Medical electronics oriented company that develops and makes products that save lives. Broad technologies, hard core engineering and collaboration with multiple disciplines. Quality and reliability focused but also innovative and creative. Never boring.

Cons

If you are looking for an easy job that allows you to relax this might not be the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep us more informed about the business, the company and how the company is doing globally. It is good to see the company growing.

"A crash course into a high stress environment."

Former Employee - Microelectronic Engineer Intern in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Microelectronic Engineer Intern in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

The company has reasonable time off, good pay, friendly co-workers, there is free coffee daily bad donuts on Friday. I enjoyed working with the people there and found everyone very competent. I did not see any redundant workers, so it was nice not have three bosses. Everyone knew what they were doing when it came to the technical concepts.

They are very invested and interested in interns/new talent. Many of my co-workers and colleagues started their professional careers with the company, so if you fit the requirements they are happy to hire you on.

Cons

Everyone seems to be stretched too thin. Every week I had to plead to get any resources or assistance with my work. Every week there was a new meeting to help allocate resources and every week that meeting was in vain because everyone went their separate ways shifting their responsibilities onto someone else.

The vending machines hate you. I hope they are all melted into pit that leads to the center of the Earth.

Advice to Management

If weekly meeting leave you thinking your team is unorganized it's because they are and need direction not a thrashing.