MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority - A relaxed Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

"A relaxed Job"

Former Intern - Management & Sales Internship in New York, NY
Former Intern - Management & Sales Internship in New York, NY

I worked at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great. If you are in it for the long term career then the retirement benefits are also very nice. The feel of the company is very relax and laid back.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth in my opinion. Hopefully over time this can changed since this is a major company in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Empower your interns and let them learn more instead of having them just do tasks.

Other Employee Reviews for MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

1. "Calm and Easy"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, standard 8-hour work days, major company to put on resume

Cons

Slow growth, salaries low compared to the private sector, easy to get stuck doing the same repetitive dull function, but easy to avoid if active enough

2. "Engineering Support Aide"

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to intern, you will most definitely benefit from the mentor's guidance.
    Hands on work in the field and office was my favorite part. I witness a couple of promotions and layoffs. Interns have access to the gym's facility. You will get feedback on your performance each semester.

Cons

Some PCs had low HDD and RAM, which made the PC boot up extremely slow and inefficient to run the CADD software. OS Update is recommended.