MTSI - Great Company with Amazing People! | Glassdoor

"Great Company with Amazing People!"

Current Employee - Flight Test Engineer in Edwards, CA

I have been working at MTSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MTSI is 100% employee-owned, so we can take a long-term outlook on business and not worry about pleasing random shareholders in the short-term. The company truly is focused on hiring top talent and putting employees first. In turn, our co-workers really care about working together across the United States and doing great work for our customers. Our employees work on critical national security programs and advanced... technologies that we can be proud of and find extremely rewarding. The benefits are fantastic with 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, excellent healthcare, annual bonuses, and most of all, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)!

Cons

As we continue to succeed, we see growing pains that come with being a larger company. The good definitely outweighs the bad. The company culture is still very strong and the core values remain exactly that.

Advice to Management

Maintain the "Employees Come First" culture as we transition to a medium-sized company

MTSI2018-09-22

MTSI Response

October 18, 2018Technical Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to tell people what you think about MTSI. Taking care of people so they can solve our customers' problems is a tradition at MTSI. As employee-owners we are all vested in our long term success. It all starts with trusted people.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - ISSO

I have been working at MTSI full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the best company I've worked for. Benefit options are great

Cons

Company utilizes flex time instead of comp time.

MTSI2019-10-17
  2. "The rare company that walks the walk"

Current Employee - BD Support in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at MTSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Competitive pay and unparalleled benefits - Involved and engaged management at all levels - The company performs and lives up to its core values - they aren't just words - The company is very socially conscious and engaged in community outreach and service - There is a constant drive to improve and listen to employ feedback (i.e., rolling out great parental leave, consistent town halls to communicate... critical corporate initiatives, etc.) - Makes employee development a priority (i.e., the mentorship program being rolled out, excellent tuition reimbursement, etc.)

Cons

- Some managers have a tendency to put their work ahead of other priorities and this can lead to difficulty in cross-team collaboration; however, this is known by leadership and collaboration across the company is a focus

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage collaboration across teams and disciplines, but otherwise, the path MTSI is on is a shining example of the standards to other companies in the industry should strive for.

MTSI2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about MTSI.