MV Transportation - Sometimes its has its goods, and bad`s! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MV Transportation

"Sometimes its has its goods, and bad`s!"

Current Employee - Driver in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Driver in San Jose, CA

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get paid training plus you get your Class B!

Cons

They need to pay us better :-)

Advice to Management

We need better benefits and show respect to the employees :-)

Other Employee Reviews for MV Transportation

"It sucked they fire you with no formal write up pattern"

Former Contractor - Bus Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Bus Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at MV Transportation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It was great helping the handicap clients.

Cons

This crazy penalty system have have should be abolished by DART. If the client is constantly booking trips and cancelling or NO SHOWING then punish them. Just because you pick someone up early should be a plus for the clients considering most of the time we are late because of the tight manifest schedule. We are humans and can only go so fast to pickup and drop off clients. Also no meal breaks or breaks at all unless you get lucky and your manifest has a gap in it, but you can bet those dispatchers will find a run for you. Also the dispatchers are very rude when they talk to you and can't think outside the box...no common sense...I guess they are just going by the rules, which are very inflexible.

Advice to Management

Management got my thoughts in the 12 page document I sent to POE who we were a contractor for. POE really needs to find another company to work with as MV Transportation's management loves to fire people because you are not submissive to them...get a life management and follow the rules of labor. Just because Texas is "At Will" doesn't mean you have to fire people at a whim. Give us a chance to have formal counseling pattern in our 90 day probation to learn the policies and procedures, we were not taught these in our VERY short training. Those incident reports you have us write up are nothing more then a pattern of problems for the driver and nothing gets done with them. Dispatch should not be considered management. Supervisors are supervisors and they are the ones in the white shirts. Also you have a lot of disparity between Supervisors and Dispatchers. Very sad company to work for and I really liked my job. :o(

"Keep Looking"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have a pulse ? Your hired..

Cons

Low pay.. no benefits for six months...long hours... daily schedule changes..poor working conditions..did i say low pay and no benefits already ?

Advice to Management

see Cons listed above..