MV Transportation - Former trainee Fairfield, CA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MV Transportation

"Former trainee Fairfield, CA"

Pros

Training program is excellent. You learn a lot of quality driving techniques that you never thought of. Training program is very thorough.

Cons

They claim to preach "safety over schedule" and while some genuinely practice it, there are those who preach it yet have no problem riding you for being late. I get that passengers have time that is valuable but if you're going to preach "safety over schedule," don't harp on being late.

Advice to Management

I left because I had an opportunity to eliminate a commute otherwise it was a good experience but in interview please can the "would you give me the keys to your house?" line. Sorry, I have to know you well before I go that far. Horrible analogy.

Other Employee Reviews for MV Transportation

"Below earning a Living wage"

Pros

Better then setting at home

Cons

If MV paid a living wage for the Los Angeles area they would persuade more drivers to respect the company. I don’t understand what they are giving us in the health benefit package as I can find with little effort
    Better health plans with much lower cost such as the one Costco offers to the public, that is there when you want it not when MV decides you get it and I don’t understand why MV offers such a bad health plan when anyone can do better finding one on there own.

Advice to Management

Don’t treat your drivers like children

"Worst company I've every worked for"

Pros

If employed by MV you will only make slightly less than you would on unemployment.

Cons

Lowest pay in the industry
    Substandard medical insurance coverage for a family $630.00 every pay check !!
    Terrible working conditions
    Management is clueless
    No work/life balance
    No parking whatsoever !! Required to walk 1/4 mile (to park illegally) while management and other departments have access to parking garage.
    Often work with no breaks or lunch