MVP Health Care - MVP -- a great place to make a difference. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MVP Health Care

"MVP -- a great place to make a difference."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Albany, NY
Current Employee - IT Manager in Albany, NY

Pros

MVP is a not for profit health care insurance company focused on being an active member of the community they service and providing value to all members while remaining a strong, viable, regional player in the field of health insurance. Senior management has a focus on a future for the company and the communities we serve. Working at MVP is more than just a job it's an opportunity to make a contribution to the health and wellness of the region I live, work and play in. MVP recognizes results, demands honesty and strives for excellence. MVP has provided the opportunity to work in a team environment to get the job done and make a real difference.

Cons

The work is work. The hours can be long. Sometimes the amount of projects on the plate seems very large -- sometimes management has been accused of "having never met a project they didn't like". MVP is also a small company moving to be a mid sized company and experiencing the growth pains and opportunities that go along with making that transition. We still have some inefficiencies and risks of small size companies on top of more inefficiencies of becoming a larger entity. Our team at MVP will be challenged by making that transition and trying to gain the benefits of size while holding on to the best parts of what makes MVP a great place to work. I believe we will make the transition but realize that it's an uphill battle some days.

Advice to Management

Articulate vision, stay the course and keep leading.

Other Employee Reviews for MVP Health Care

1. "recommend"

I have been working at MVP Health Care full-time

Pros

great work culture
    work life balance

Cons

use outdated procedures
    traditional style workplace

2. "Love this company"

Pros

The management team is very helpful. They treat the employees like a leader instead of a boss. Gives an employee all kind of flexibility he/she needs. Really thankful to the company.

Cons

I cant really think of any cons right now.