MYR Group - Massage glove in one hand and a knife in the other! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MYR Group

"Massage glove in one hand and a knife in the other!"

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Henderson, CO
Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Henderson, CO

Pros

They have competent craftsmen that are trained well. Sturgeon takes time to teach their people and is not affraid of promoting the most compitent people. They are well organized and have all the needed tools to work properly. They do not take short cuts and do pay attention to safety concerns that are addressed by crafts personel.

Cons

There was not much emphasis on a life work balance. There is also some favoratism that happens when work gets slow. They will always keep the craftsmen that are tied in tight with upper managment. They were always ready to get rid of people on the drop of a dime. This is just like most contactors.

Advice to Management

People get sick so please don't expect them to come to work sick. There are some people that work for the company that are bleeding you dry becasue you participate in favoratism.

Other Employee Reviews for MYR Group

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at MYR Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great and always have the support I need to get my job done. You can't always have everything you want exactly when you want them, but this is construction. I saw a review that talks about a "company man" and only people who were tied in tight stayed around when things were slow. I wouldn't say it was because they were tied in tight, maybe they were just a lot better worker than you.

Cons

I will say that some people seem to be in a position just because, doesn't always seem like the employee is the right person for the position. Work life balance is a little complicated for someone who is wanting to get ahead but no one is going to just give you something. If you want the same position day in and day out you will have more time away from the company.

Advice to Management

Extremely good environment and hope that you continue to recognize those who are truly dedicated to the company. If not, those people will go to the competitors, but that is anywhere you go.

2. "Don't Bother"

Pros

There really aren't any I can think of.

Cons

Horrible management equals loss of contracts and jobs. HR farmed out to a third party and screw you over with the "miscommunication" BS every chance they get.