MZ - Input = Output | Glassdoor

"Input = Output"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at MZ full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MZ is a great place for folks who are motivated by their personal growth. There's very little that gets in the way of making big contributions, and impact is regularly recognized and rewarded. There's huge potential for people that are self driven and not afraid of stepping up. That said, MZ is not for the faint of heart or folks just looking for a job. Awesome perks and benefits that outclass most any other privately held company, and rival any of the name brand public companies like Google, FB, etc. Last years change in executive leadership and renewed focus on gaming has been a blessing! Teams are more focused and aligned, and the tone around campus is brighter than I've seen in years.

Cons

Very aggressive schedules and goals. Makes an exciting work environment, but also takes it's toll. We are a business and need to keep the bills paid, but hopeful we can find a bit more balance between company objectives, catering to our player base, and employee lifestyles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum! We're making a lot of positive changes around top down transparency, focus on gaming products, and how the company will mature. Let's keep pushing the envelope! Keep a good pulse on employee engagement. Our teams work really hard, and staying engaged with front line employees will be the key to keeping moral high as we take MZ to it's next stage as a company.

MZ2019-06-05
  1. "Cool company to work for with talented nice people and challenging exciting work."

I worked at MZ

Pros

Very Generous benefit plans, talented people who believe in the mission and vision of the company. Unique culture, not the norm in a good way. Amazing perks!

Cons

The quick decision making by leadership can be intense and not for everyone. The company moves very fast.

Advice to Management

Slow down a bit when making strategic decisions that impact the company.

MZ2020-01-19

"You really need to know what you're getting into"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at MZ full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very competitive salary for engineers in games, similar to standard non-games tech companies in the area. Free meals and snacks on site with good selections. Competitive bonuses every year for some so far, and good perks for phone purchase, gameplay, and some life expenses. No-limit time off policy with manager approval and mostly flexible with working from home if needed.

Cons

Time off, even if approved, can be cancelled and forced into reapproval if the company is crunching for something, even unrelated teams, and a lot of pressure is sometimes applied to not take time off. "Core hours from 10am - 7pm" which means everyone stays later than they should. Not a lot of emphasis on fixing things that are breaking, just pushing out new things so there are constantly live issues causing some people to drop all their work with deadlines to handle what's breaking. Generally seems like there isn't a good sense of how to get out of bad months/quarters/years except to work the same people harder, which then leads to more mistakes.

MZ2020-01-04

Discover more reviews about MZ.