1. COVID-19

"Good culture and moved quickly during Covid"

4.0
    Current Employee - General Services in Sydney

I have been working at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Moved quickly to make sure we could all work from home easily - sent additional equipment etc. Everyone adapted well to the Teams connections and it's made a difference when it comes to flexibility. Management seemed to get the struggle of having a family and working full time during lockdown. Business is doing well in an unpredictable market.

Cons

Working from home has meant some longer hours here and there.

Continue reading
  1. "very good place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Cloud Engineer

I have been working at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time

Pros

good for everything lots of opportunities

Cons

nothing I could not name any

2. "They're on the GPTW list for a reason"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sydney

I have been working at Macquarie Telecom Group for more than 3 years

Pros

-#13 on the Australian Great Place to Work list in the <100 employees category (2020) -They take very good care of their people. Haven't been with a company that treats people this well before. Even as a contractor I am treated well above expectation. -The engineers and technical staff here know their subject matter very well, lots of general domain knowledge throughout the business -Team and company events are really well thought out -Lots and lots of opportunity here to move up or sideways within the business -When designing new products and systems, they don't settle for average; they seek to go above and beyond -Thorough hiring and screening for all employees - they are very picky when hiring people for tech roles and it goes to show. Haven't worked with anyone here who doesn't do a good job.

Cons

-Supposedly the exec team/c-suite can be quite cut-throat and has a lot of politics going on. I can't personally attest to this. Doesn't seem to affect anyone who isn't working directly with them though.

Discover more reviews about Macquarie Telecom Group.