Mactus Group - BI Consultant | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"BI Consultant"

Former Contractor - BI Consultant in Redmond, WA
Former Contractor - BI Consultant in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Take care of their employee.

Cons

Jobs limited to Redmond area only

Other Employee Reviews for Mactus Group

1. "Consultants can make good $$$ here"

Former Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

Pros

Excellent relationships across Microsoft and its partner ecosystem, meaning there is no shortage of work and projects are usually more than a few short months and thus more stable than at some other consultant shops. Colleagues are smart, capable and helpful and in general it is a pleasant work environment. The President is an ex-Microsoft employee and has been running company the past 10 years - so he has plenty of relationships and business to draw from.

Cons

Not a good place to be if you want nothing to do with Microsoft - the core of their business. Other than that, I can only say that they've treated me very well and I'd recommend them. I left to explore a new direction in my career, but otherwise I would still be there.

Advice to Management

Continue to structure arrangements with consultants as you have already been doing (in other words do not stop) - setting us up for success, avoiding crazy and unreasonable clients, and structuring agreements in a way that is mutually beneficial and financially profitable for both parties.

2. "Unethical leadership - mistreatment of all employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of many pros.
    A majority of former employees are great people that I would work with again in a heart beat.

Cons

When I worked at Mactus my goal was always to make things great and do my best work. It is an impossible goal to achieve when the owner is sociopathic, delusional, unethical and is doing business for the wrong reasons. He thinks the rules and laws don't apply to him and try to take down anyone who gets in his way. I have never been more unhappy, stressed out and uneasy in a job. Employees are not valued at all and easily disposable. The turn over rate was beyond anything I have seen before.

Advice to Management

Close your doors, you have little to no credibility.