Macy's - Fantastic Company | Glassdoor

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Macy's is RICH with tradition and heritage which makes you feel very proud to be a member of an American Icon. Macy's has a lot of power and weight in the industry which makes it fun to do your job. Macy's understands how important it is to truly focus on the customer and make "Magic" with everything you do. It isn't all about numbers, its about positive customer experiences which ultimately lead to results.

Cons

Like any huge company, there are redundancies with jobs, which makes it difficult to get an answer to a problem or question. Although Macy's tries to move faster, due to the companies size, we often miss business opportunities that smaller competitors act quicker on. Macy's size and power is its greatest strength but also its greatest weakness.

Advice to Management

Macy's is a truly fun company to work for however Macy's executives (not all) have difficulty embracing change, especially tenured members, making it difficult to innovate.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "Seasonal Associate"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Macy's part-time

Pros

decent pay, some nice coworkers

Cons

DISORGANIZATION.
    It was so frustrating when I had to get something past my supervisor and I would have to walk three flights to try and find them. Half of the time I would not know what I was supposed to be doing and if I asked someone in management I would get something small to do and then get yelled at by someone else for not doing x, y, and z. The training is horrid and then your coworkers get upset when you have no idea what you are doing. I was in merchandising and I had zero training truly and then a few days in just got berated by a different manager for not knowing how to do anything.... Also the systems Macy's use crash all of the time which is a nightmare to deal with... It is such a stressful environment and they really do not care about you. It is good for some money during the holidays but I cannot imagine putting up with this any other time.

Advice to Management

actually train your employees, and get systems that work.

2. "Merchandising team lead"

Current Employee - Merchandising Team Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandising Team Lead in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Retail offers flexible hours if you need it, coworkers are close and friendly, some management are very helpful and patient during training.

Cons

lack of growth, wage gaps, vacation time, benefits

Advice to Management

better wages for those who have been there longer.