Macy's - A very stagnant work place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"A very stagnant work place"

Pros

No overtime permitted. Great work life balance. Enjoyable group of people.

Cons

It feels like everyone who works there is just putting in time. There doesn't seem to be anyone who has passion about their job. The exciting projects were often farmed out leaving the regular staff with a lot of drudge work.

Advice to Management

You hire a lot of good and talented people then stick them in positions that give no creative freedom. they have no incentive to do their best for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Enjoyable, but fellow co-workers were less than pleasant."

Former Employee - Temporary Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Temporary Sales Associate

Pros

I only worked at Macy's during the winter holidays. Since I was only temporary, not a lot was expected in regards to pushing credit card sign ups. My pay was higher here than anywhere else and training only took two days (only paid minimum wage for training).

Cons

You have to push credit cards to customers. Holiday hours can be stressful to work and when fellow employees found out I was only temporary, they were less friendly. It made the work environment a little less enjoyable.

Advice to Management

During the holidays, there needs to be more than just three employees in each department. Sometimes it was impossible to work the register and help customers find the items they were looking for.

2. "Senior Management and Company leaders care only for themselves."

Pros

Great exposure to large company life. Where I work I get exposure to many different systems and applications.

Cons

Terrible benefits. Management cares only about themselves. I received a 2% increase after RECORD SALES. CEO - $3 million

Advice to Management

Bench process does NOT work. They promote who they want and when they want to. "Buddy" policy in effect