Macy's - Fosters Growth | Glassdoor

"Fosters Growth"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Great environment and energy. The company supports new ideas and pushes for collaborations between groups.

Cons

The company promotes quickly which doesn't allow some employees to get a full grasp of their responsibilities and putting them in a position where they must train others without full knowledge of the process and workload.

Advice to Management

Understand the positions/teams. The company is currently growing at a fast pace and we are pushing people forward that may need some more time to develop.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "It is O.K."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Pros

It is good experience for the first job and I think it is possibile to have a career if you want it.

Cons

It is not easy at all, standing on your feet all day and sometimes it is hard to make your goal.

"It was an okay experience as a first job, but I expected it to be much better than it was."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

~ Paychecks are distributed weekly, on Wednesdays.
    ~ Fair pay, but no benefits if you are a part-time employee.
    ~ Some of the employees are very friendly, and love to laugh.
    ~ Part-time-time doesn't get many hours. I worked 2-3 days a week.

Cons

~ They don't always have a recovery team, so most of the time - not only do you have to be in charge of the register, you also have to clean up around your floor and the dressing rooms. You get tired quickly.
    ~ There's not good manager/employee communication. Whenever I'd tell the manager I cannot stay past 10pm because I rely on public transportation, she never listened to me. And continued to schedule me to stay later and later.
    ~ When I requested time off - I was never given the time.
    ~ Also when you try to call out of your shift, no one ever picks up the phone for you to let them know!

Advice to Management

There needs to be better and more communication with your employees. I would have stayed with the company if only my manager listened to me. Also with the crazy nighttime hours during the holidays, when you have employees who take public transportation - you need to truly listen to them when they need to talk about their scheduled hours.