Macy's - Wonderful Experience | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Experience"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in South Portland, ME
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in South Portland, ME

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers, fair sales goals, easy scheduling, good working environment, good team spirit.

Cons

Commission based employees had a tendency to be nasty and rude, certain long term associates could be unfair/only interested in their numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Run & Run Far and dont stop"

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great associates, flexible schedule. Customers are very friendly and make it easy to wait on them. Macys does alot for the community and have a very strong recycle program.

Cons

Too many meetings, conference calls, sales prep, pre-sale, deep dives, store visits. District team treats stores poorly. Supposed to work with you, not against you. When it comes to engagement, the corporate mgt team should practice what they preach. Extremely difficult to motivate and manage people making 7.50-8 hr to sell sell sell every single day at 110%. No bonus incentive. Everyone in district is running scared and using the CYA policy and in turn not communicating properly. Several people have been ran over by the "Bus" and are permanently wounded. I could go on and on and on.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs. Let the stores do their jobs. We dont need reminded to do tasks, pre-sale, etc.... We dont need text messages from the RVP questioning our credit apps for the day. We are big boys and big girls and we get paid decent money to do our job! Let us do it. Deep dives stress the stores out and no action from them--- all this talk from District team to do this and do that and never any follow-up. Poor communication from District Team to stores. EVERYTHING "is" on the portal. Thats the answer u get when u have a question or concern. Go find it on the portal. Unfortunately, u have to call 5 other stores to ask the question that should be on the portal and they cant find the answer either.

2. "I liked that i could make my own schedule"

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can make my own schedule. I could work in any department. we got paid every week. Lunch was 45 minutes and if gone longer no penalty. Managers were pretty chill.

Cons

competitive, other sales associates took their 2% commission way to serious and would definitely treat you badly in order to get a sale. Managers push you to almost force credit cards on every customers even those from out of the country. They threaten your employment if you do not create a certain amount of credits per week.

Advice to Management

none