Macy's - Complacent employees, fearful of leadership and dilapidated state of its office—non-existant pride in its talent. | Glassdoor

"Complacent employees, fearful of leadership and dilapidated state of its office—non-existant pride in its talent."

Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Without pride, one does not have emotional attachment—very easy job schedule and no reason to work too hard. The second I leave the building, I’m off.

Cons

They will not provide proper supplies, workspace, lighting, etc for me to do my job properly. It’s a terrible joke. On a personal note: our kitchen has no bottom to its drawer and the handles are falling off (apparently, it’s been that way for years). It would cost $100 for a task rabbit to fix things to merely PRETEND to appear to care about the internal value and well-being of your employees, their workspace, and... their happiness throughout the day. Need I say more?

Advice to Management

“Brand Loyalty” starts within. Until some major changes are made to demonstrate any value in your own employees as a company, no one will care about your business and layalty will continue to fall.

Macy's2018-07-07
  1. "Seasonal Merchandiser"

I have been working at Macy's part-time

Pros

Great Manager!! Willing to work with my school schedule Excellent work environment for retail

Cons

Pay isn't great (at least for seasonal staff) but what do you expect from retail?

Macy's2018-12-22
  2. "Tried and true"

Current Employee - Store Director

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Community leaders in involvement and charity

Cons

Old in many ideals

Macy's2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Macy's.