Macy's - Tired | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Tired"

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is good at Macys. I liked working with my friends. I can hang ouy. Good food court.

Cons

Not enough hours. Messy. Too much work. MANAGEMENT is mean. Company is unstable.

Advice to Management

Stay on the floor and help clean up the messy floor. Lower prices and be nicer to your workers. In to deep!

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Sales Specialist at Macy's - Lakeside Mall - Metairie, LA"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, Hours, Bonuses, Discount, Macy's Money, Contest, Awards, Recognition.

Cons

Management's lack of knowledge, Lazy managers, Confusion, Internal Theft, The store manager, several EIC's and lazy co-workers.

Advice to Management

Whatever you don't know, research and find the answer! Stop harassing me about "loyalties"! Stop sitting your behind down in the office all day, pick up the EIC phone when we call. Make yourself available when we need you. Stop upholding employees when you know that they are wrong. Appreciate your hard working employees and stop the gossiping! Your a MANAGER, your supposed to keep that out of the work place. I don't care if your getting married and trying to buy a house that's why I need to make sure i make my sales goal and get said loyalties so you can get your bonus! Maybe, just maybe if you become more hands on and assist us on the sales floor, than your department will do great and than you'll make your quota so you can get your bonus. P.S. To the new store manager: PLEASE STOP with all the unnecessary announcements on the intercom! Get up out the office and walk through your store! Get to know your employees, respect us and our work that we do. Be more careful of the words you speak!! Make sure your Managers have the proper training!

2. "Good company to start for retail"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like to reward employees that work hard, 20% discount on top of any coupons/sales going on, hour lunch break, and management in Dublin, Oh are nice.

Cons

Break rooms a little gross, must wear mostly black, long login name and password everytime you check someone out, annoying music (even customers don't like it)
    I would like to see the scanning process improved and bagging improved. Not ergonomic friendly.

Advice to Management

Change the music, clean the break rooms and make it feel more welcoming, have someone clean the store, look at the functionality of each cash register and reasses it. (e.i. eronomics, speed of scanning, posture, high variations for different associates, organization of supplies,