Macy's - Dept supervisors overview | Glassdoor

"Dept supervisors overview"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor Executive Level in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Department Supervisor Executive Level in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The San Francisco executive offices where I was employed, offered an excellent work environment staffed with folks driven to provide the highest level of service possible for the ultimate benefit of our customers.

Cons

As with all major retail organizations, there were some occasional gaps in timely communication of pertinent details that managers and supervisors need in order to make the best decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line people.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Corporate Politics as Usual"

Current Employee - District Planner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - District Planner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you like to work your butt off and get no recognition, this would be a great place to work,

Cons

Corporate political garbage as usual. No regard for their people and talent.

"Total disregard for their employees if you ask me"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can ever think of is the employee discount.

Cons

Macys fights to NOT give their employees what they need, like full-time hours, health benefits and a safe workplace. Or shutting off the security alarm on a rack that has been screaming every 30 minutes during a six hour shift. And why won't they lower that freaking music when the customers ask!!!!??? Also, no air-conditioning for 6am staff. And to top it off a girl who was stealing (and I reported) was still working there when I left. And beware of any company that makes their employees do 2x a year inventory--TOTAL NIGHTMARE. Macys should be ashamed of themselves. Screw your stupid fireworks and parades! Macys sucks in every way possible and I will NEVER shop there again.

Advice to Management

Macys management is clearly the promoted employees who are okay with a terrible work environment. They are management because they've managed not to care. My advice would be for all of Management to go on strike until Macys does the right thing for a change but since you all couldn't care less about anything but your salaries and your materialism this will fall on deaf ears anyway so I'm not wasting anymore of my precious time.