Macy's - Great employee discounts | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Great employee discounts"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Team Associate in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Administrative Support Team Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts are great especially when you are first hired. You also have opportunity to meet great people in all walks of life. Good starting wages. Employees are appreciated instantly and constantly if they delivered great service.

Cons

May have to work late if scheduled for closing or on weekends.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Low pay, hardly any hours"

Former Employee - Merchandising Associate in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Merchandising Associate in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people who work at Macy's take pride in their work and are good to work with. I worked during the Christmas season as a merchandising associate. The work was good, but not enough hours or pay. I quit for a higher paying job with more consistent hours.

Cons

Once again, minimum-wage work, hours that go from 20 hours one week to 0 hours the next. I wasn't even getting 40 hours of week per month! Also, employees can't get the Macy's 20% discount on merchandise unless they have either a Macy's credit card or prepaid card. That is not a good system for employee discounts. Also, merchandising assciate's don't know they're schedule until the Saturday right before the next work week. This means no planning ahead of time. Management want you to keep all mornings open for them regardless if they schedule you.

Advice to Management

First of all, this is 2013 so get in touch with wages that employees can live with. Minimum wage doesn't work for Macy's employees. I've worked for several other retailers and they all paid more than Macy's. Second, give us more hours. This is supposed to be the busy time of year with Christmas merchandise coming in. We shouldn't have to look at our schedule and see no hours on it for the week or see only one four hour shift. That is pathetic! Whoever is responsible for this needs to work like we do and see how they like it. I bet they'd quit, too.

2. "Management indifference harms productivity"

Former Employee - Support Associate in White Marsh, MD
    Former Employee - Support Associate in White Marsh, MD

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired for seasonal work at minimum wage

Cons

Practically impossible to get a raise or a promotion, no matter how hard you work

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to fundamental decency in treatment of employees, instead of openly disrespecting and demeaning them.