Macy's - I learned plenty with fragrances and cosmetics, I love matching makeup and performing makeovers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"I learned plenty with fragrances and cosmetics, I love matching makeup and performing makeovers"

Former Employee - Fragrance and Cosmetics Sales in Baton Rouge, LA
Former Employee - Fragrance and Cosmetics Sales in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During the holiday season it si very busy and which earn plenty of commission, one of co-workers commission alone $900 alone for one week.

Cons

the hours could be better

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "conflicted feelings, wish the store manager would just let me make magic without being on on my back all the time!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union store, general wage increases annually because of that!! 20 paid days off, 8 sick days for people with 10 years or more. double time on holidays, again UNION store. Decent medical plans, and dental plans.

Cons

Store Management not on the same page!!! Treat everyone the same , stop the favoritism.

Advice to Management

The return policy needs to have some restrictions, we are taking back merchandise from 2011?? We are taking back merchandise from other retailers?? Really?? Pitting sales associates against each other to make a sales goal?? The customers can feel the tension and the pressure that you put on us and it is difficult to hide!!! How about Common Sense Sales? Treat the customer the way you would like to be treated, and not interrogate them with open ended questions that they do not want to answer.

2. "poor leadership"

Former Employee - Housewares Specialist in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Housewares Specialist in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Macys used to be a quality store with professional sales people,they have run them off and now have a underperforming store of employees that come and go.if you are over 50 better beware of the lack of integrity this store operates on

Cons

pick a shift was the beginning of the end of the Macys empire

Advice to Management

you get more from kindness than deception