Macy's - Fufilling | Glassdoor

"Fufilling"

Former Contractor - Retail Sales Associate in Saginaw, MI
Former Contractor - Retail Sales Associate in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Macy's as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount on great brands and selection of items.

Cons

The pressure of opening credit accounts.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Very sad place to work"

Former Employee - AST in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - AST in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You do get you're employee discount

Cons

At the Macy's I worked at most of the people who had an office was very nasty to everyone else. They did not do the jobs that they where there to do. They did not like to see people that worked there grow into better positions at all. They never had anything nice or good to say to you. All I can say is that the Macy's I worked at is you could only grow if you was from and Island or kissed a lot of butt.

Advice to Management

All of the manager's need to really learn how to manages. All upper management needs to make sure the people that they are giving these positions to know what they are doing before making them a manager.

"Nightmare of a job. Highly dissatisfied"

Former Employee - Merchandise Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts from both macys & Bloomingdales

Cons

Terrible leadership. HR not helpful and never around when you need them. People got promoted based on how friendly they are with their supervisors and not based on how good they are on the job. I was initially very excited to work for the company, but the hostile environment caused me much anguish so I quit without having a job lined up. I have a great job now and would never return to macys.

Advice to Management

Provide real training to managers. They need to lead and gain the respect of their fellow employees. Video training is not a great method of training as managers leave the video on but are not paying attention and just doing something else. Managers have to let go of their egos and admit when they are wrong, having had a supervisor accuse me of everything was January nightmare. It is a sign when macys.com was their first job out of college and they grow with the company because of natural progression. They have no knowledge of how to be a great leader. Having so many Employees leave macys.com is not normal, only the terrible supervisors stay for years.