Macy's - Long hours and low pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"Long hours and low pay"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Leawood, KS
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Leawood, KS

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount; gratis products from vendor

Cons

Low pay; bad hours; store and regional management show little respect for the front-line employees who deal with customers one-on-one.

Advice to Management

Show respect and regard for the employees who work long, hard hours for your benefit.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"Would definitely not recommend for anything other than seasonal work"

Current Employee - Seasonal Merchandising Associate in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Online schedule, you can pick up or drop shifts as needed, paid every week, very friendly employees, positive company values.

Cons

Not enough hours for workers. The job posting that I responded to for a seasonal merchandising associate stated that the position would receive 25-30 hours per week. When I went in for the interview, I was told that this was inaccurate and you would really only receive a few hours a week and there may be some weeks that you don't receive any hours at all, but you would be able to pick up more shifts as the store became busy. I took the job hoping that I could make up for hours by picking up shifts. At times there were no shifts to pick up and I ended up only receiving 3-5 hours a week if I was lucky! Another thing that bothers me is that when you are scheduled to work in merchandising at 6am, there is no direction as to who you should report to. At 6 am the store is dark and you wander around hoping to bump into someone that can help you figure out where you're supposed to be.
    Another thing is that management only focuses on sales associates and the sales teams.
    There never seems to be any rewards or recognition for the support teams. How do they think the merchandise gets to the floor for the sales associates to sell? It doesn't magically appear there. The support team works hard to get the merchandise to the floor to be sold.

Advice to Management

Focus on all employees not just the sales team.

2. "Worked there for about 2 years was good at first but became horrible towards the end. Manager turnover was ridiculous"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Elmhurst, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Elmhurst, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

first dibs on sale items and met some great people that are now friends

Cons

horrible hours, low pay, horrible management, and bad discount

Advice to Management

hire more focused managers less criminals and hire the pay