Macy's - Unethical behavior allowed at Macy's Furniture in Arlington, Virginia by 20+ year employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"Unethical behavior allowed at Macy's Furniture in Arlington, Virginia by 20+ year employees."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made good money in Furniture Department. Enjoyed the job and customers.

Cons

People in department deleted my orders and bullied me the whole 1 1/2 years I worked there, and management did nothing to the employees to make them stop. I was told to leave if I didn't like it, so I did.

Advice to Management

Make sure your store management staff does not show favoritism, they need to follow the "code of ethics" you have established. You loose honest people when they should not have to quit a job due to bulling and threats, it is against the law. It deeply affects other good employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "Handbag Specialist"

Current Employee - Handbag Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Handbag Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love to work in customer service, I get to work at my own pace, which is usually fast. I help customers choose the perfect bag, or accessories to complete a outfit the have. I love to multitask so this really comes in handy in this and other departments i fill in for.

Cons

Full time is considered 29-40 hours a week so I usually only get around 32

2. "Men's Polo Specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Co-workers
    Proximity to School
    Lots of Hours During Holiday Season

Cons

Low Pay
    Horrible Working Environment
    Disrespectful
    Employee Favoritism
    Over Half of Bonuses Goes to Taxes

Advice to Management

The problem with Macy's is that your only focus is on the customer. I was told by a manager while I worked there that a good chunk of the our customers are in fact our co-workers. I can only speak for myself but after my experiences working in Macy's and the amount of disrespect encountered from the managers, I made the choice to not financially support that store. I would travel the Macy's on Herald Square after my shift rather than spend my time and money in a store I get no respect in.

I found that managers favored certain employees and would actively guard against their termination in many cases, especially in the case of your point system.

I would simply ask management to truly listen to your employees equally. Trust them to do their job and they won't have a problem coming to you when they should. Happy employees lead to a happier working environment. We don't ask for much.