Macy's - Loss Prevention department it a horrible place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"Loss Prevention department it a horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The store is a great place t shop and they have a nice employee discount and their salaries are very competitive.

Cons

Training and development is almost nonexistent. Many employees have been there forever and not very welcoming to new hires. Senior management is clueless.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and treat all employees fairly.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "People who work there just to have a job"

Former Employee - Stock in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Stock in Irvine, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you will meet a lot of interesting people and they pay weekly

Cons

no proper training everyone kind of just does there own thing

Advice to Management

Train your employees better letting them know how things work instead of just pointing and expecting them to know what they're doing

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a ton of flexibility even as a seasonal employee to work throughout the store in different departments which is a major selling point for most of my fellow employees and myself.

Employee discount is 20% and works on pretty much everything in store and online for both Macy's and Bloomingdales so it's a huge bonus if you ever shop at either. You also have the option of the credit card or a pre-paid card for use of the discount if worried about credit balances.

If hard working and friendly it's easy to move around/up.
    My co-worker started last summer and during the following holiday season was promoted to sales supervisor.

I was hired seasonally with about a years experience of retail. I began working in ready to wear, mostly women's clothing, as a seasonal employee and have moved within the same year to fragrances and now at a cosmetic counter.
    The key is to show that you're hard working and make sure to be talking, albeit consistently, with the right people so that they can help you to get to where you want to be in the company. (This includes the manager of your desired area and also human resources.)

Cons

Sales goals and opening cards can sometimes be difficult to achieve if you don't have previous sales experience. The key is just to be friendly and make sure they know all the information and benefits available to them as a star rewards member.

Advice to Management

Maybe I'm the anomaly but my management has always been professional, friendly, and helpful to make sure that you're doing well in your position.