Macy's - Fun cool work environment !!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"Fun cool work environment !!!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice place to work while in school or to have for a second job , schedule very flexible

Cons

May have to deal with people not knowing how to work in a team setting everything in Macy's has to have team work .

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "Fun"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, lots of energetic people. Nice discount.

Cons

If you dont like working holidays nights or weekends this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Rotate weekends for employees

2. "Poorly run company to work for."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work wasn't hard and it was enjoyable getting to talk to people.

Cons

The store was always under-staffed, the pay was bogus (after taxes I made less than minimum wage), the management wasn't helpful, and many of the associates were lazy/incompetent/rude.

Advice to Management

There isn't a mechanism in place to fire people immediately if they don't show up for their shift... which is pretty crazy considering every other job on the planet would do that if you just decided not to show up for work. I can't tell you how many times I blew off my shift because all I would lose were a few "attendance points" and nothing would actually happen. Also, scheduling people to work should rest with the managers in the store and not with managers higher up. I can't tell you how many times we were under-staffed or over-staffed because upper management didn't realize that the actual store managers should do the scheduling. In my opinion, management is far too lenient with lazy/rude associates. If customers frequently complain about an associate being rude to them, why do you keep them on?? It's a burden on all of us when there are associates who treat customers poorly and we are left to pick up the pieces. Also, the flex team is a nice idea but in reality it means you have a lot of people working in departments they know nothing about.