Macy's - sales associate | Glassdoor

"sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good work environment, always busy, not boring

Cons

low pay, non flexible schedule as you're required to work nights and weekends. Hard to do with a family.

Advice to Management

communicate better with staff

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

"It's retail"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to have random wednesdays off during the week

Cons

multi-tasking all responsibilities is tough... Responsible for doing everything

Advice to Management

pay people more

"Mediocrity, perfected."

Former Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy to get the job, easy to keep the job, easy to set your schedule and work around school or other commitments. Work started at 9:30. Managers are very laid back. Very. This is a great place to zone out and get paid at the same time. If this *is* your life, I am very sorry.

Cons

This job is Really. Easy. No challenges except dealing with other associates and the occasional awful customer. They make you say "outstanding" every 10 seconds during the morning meetings, which quickly becomes meaningless. There are some mean commission-obsessed employees, but for someone who was just working there for some rent money during a summer of being a part time college student with grants for tuition and books, it was simple for me to just let them go crazy and stay out of their way while they gobble up sales like that possessive fish in finding nemo "BUBBLES BUBBLES MY BUBBLES"

Advice to Management

I don't get the feeling you want to change the culture to become progressive and responsible caretakers of society, so keep doing what you're doing to continue the tolerable mediocrity you've established admirably. I would have fired myself if I had to deal with my sullen, blase attitude, but my manager liked me because I made him laugh... with my sullen, blase attitude. He also passed over an hardworking but old and unattractive employee's request to be put in a newer section that expected high sales and commission, and instead put in a sexy young lady who showed up late every day and took long lunches at her leisure. Take from that what you will.