Macy's - I regret applying for this company. I liked shopping here but working here has really changed my perspective. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"I regret applying for this company. I liked shopping here but working here has really changed my perspective."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Part Time in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Part Time in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of this job is connecting with the customers and helping them find items for certain occasions. The scheduling system is automated, therefore, able to pick up additional shifts in other departments if you like.

Cons

Management needs to be improved! As a Retail Sales Associate, you are given daily sales goals. You are expected to do go backs on the floor.However, if there is a lot of customers, other associates are at the register you will not get a chance to ring up customers and therefore not meet your goal. Manager says, "We work as a team and alternate register time." That was not the case when I was working and that day, I did not make my goal while the other associates made over their goal.

Advice to Management

It is very disorganized. Do not have two people who have worked there less than a week close a register because we are not experienced in doing so.. Also, I did not know I had to be "released" from the shift after closing. Why? Nobody informed me. When a lady came and asked after closing, if we were doing okay (closing register) she was very sarcastic.! She said I was supposed to say, "Yes, we are doing okay" It was only my third day. Perhaps if training was better, I would have known this information.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great sales, good products and nice discount

Cons

To many extra projects Managers are responsible for. Half of your week will be running the entire store. Never have enough time to get your own job done. Very hard to have work like balance. Lot's of pressure for credit. High turnover.

2. "Macy's is a great place to learn and work with amazing people."

Former Employee - Executive Development Program in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Development Program in Austin, TX

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were many career path programs for employees, great vacation time, and many community involvement opportunities.

Cons

The retail schedule is not fun during the holidays. Sales managers aren't able to have even close to a set schedule.

Advice to Management

They need to have expedited career paths for employees of higher aptitude.