Macy's - Despite the hours, Macy's is an enjoyable company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

"Despite the hours, Macy's is an enjoyable company to work for."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor - Starbucks in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor - Starbucks in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great atmosphere in the store with fellow co-workers and management. Very easy to build a rapport at work. Also, the company pushes to promote within. So once you're in, you have a great chance to advance.

Cons

Gossip can be tough to avoid from time to time, and the hours are challenging. You rarely get a weekend off starting out. And management did not do a good job communicating to our department about the happenings within the entire store.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Don't just drive loyalties, sales, and service scores, but be sure to communicate why the company drives those. Communicate clearly how credits are beneficial and specific practices to prepare your associates to provide optimal customer service. Also, incorporate ALL departments of Macy's in activities. I worked as a shift lead at a Starbucks inside Macy's and management in our store has done a poor job incorporating our Starbucks team with the store festivities and has not done well in communicating the happenings within the store. If you want to retain talent, make sure they all feel like they are a part of the team.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is helpful if you have a concern or with aiding in customer service. Team building exercises helped the overall morale of the store.

Cons

There was a week that I only worked 3 hours, when I was there for a year and knew more about the department than anyone else. Also, some managers were rude to employees

Advice to Management

More training for the staff.

2. "Positive experience so far although at the end of the day it's still working in retail!"

Current Employee - Visual Manager
    Current Employee - Visual Manager

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and talent development. There are career opportunities and future potential, not just an hourly job to do.

Cons

It's retail. Don't do it if you can't work in the store all day in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment. Also you don't get to take the holidays off obviously but that's any job in retail.

Advice to Management

More store involvement and better pay.